FAS Los Angeles or San Diego
Our client is a leader in proteomic research products seeks a Field Application Scientist (FAS). First preference is for someone who is currently a FAS, experienced with the 60% travel expected.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics or related technical discipline;
- M.S. in disciplines noted above with eight (8) years of industrial or academic experience in a field of direct commercial interest to the Company.
- B.S. in disciplines noted above with 10 years of industrial experience in a field of direct commercial interest to the Company.
- Instrumentation & Software Excellent aptitude for and a minimum of two (2) years experience working with:
- Sequencing and/or infrared imaging instrumentation,
- Software, including analysis software packages or other analytical software used to evaluate and present biological data.
- High degree of knowledge in Windows operating system and computer networking required.
- Communication Skills Excellent communications (written and verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Give technical presentations for customers, including seminars and workshops.
- Conduct on-site product demonstrations including: develop protocols to meet customer requirements.
- Work actively with assigned Territory team (Sales Consultant, Product Associate, Customer Experience Specialist, and Applications Support Representative).
- Provide technical support throughout the entire sales process.
- After sales, continue to provide the customer with training, reactive support, instrument service, pro-active support, and general customer follow-up.
- Travel to customer site to set up and verify the operation of products. Provide instrument, protocol and software training to users
- Take calls from customers and sales personnel
- Provide technical assistance by phone or on-site regarding the application, use, and maintenance of instruments, chemistries, reagents, protocols and software.
- Provide basic instrument troubleshooting and repair.
- Moderate to high travel required (60-80% overnight travel)
- Base $75-85K (DOE)
- 15% commission@plan
- Car $750/ mo.+0.30/mi gas
- 3 wks vacation
- Lifting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally
- Lifting up to 25 pounds of force frequently
- Lifting up to a negligible amount of force constantly.
- Pushing or Pulling up to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- A background check will be conducted before hire
- Resumes will be accepted in WORD only, (PLEASE no PDFs or .pages).
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Subject line: "FAS Los Angeles or San Diego Job #150606"
- To: Ann@YourLifeScienceRecruiters.com