Mid West Liquid Handling Specialist, Chicago based preferred
Our client is a dynamic young, privately held company that has developed a proprietary microfluidic dispensing technology. They seek a sales rep for the mid-west to increase awareness and market share with the liquid handling instrumentation.
They are also the global leader in hardware and software solutions for protein crystallization automation. Digital PCR completes their product mix.
- 4 year Life Science degree, preferably biology or engineering
- 3 + years capital equipment sales, preferably into the liquid handling market space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically interested and savvy - you should be able to quickly learn technical products and give compelling presentations to prospects.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Responsive and organized. In our market, reputation is everything and we take that very seriously. That starts with a sales person who responds in a timely fashion to every customer request and gets things done when promised.
- Self-motivated and proactive. You'll be expected to identify new customers, follow up on leads, give demos, provide quotations, negotiate pricing, and follow up with purchasing, and transition to the post sales installation and support team.
- Note that cold calling is part of the job and you should be comfortable doing this.
- This Mid West territory at this moment consists of:
- OH, IN, IL, MO, IA, KS, CO, WY, NE, SD, ND, MT, MN, WI, MI
- In Canada: ON, MT, SK, AL
- Based preferably in Chicago to cover the Mid West territory
- Exceptional candidates in St. Louis, Detroit, Indianapolis, Columbus or Minneapolis may be considered.
- 25-50% travel, as required
- DOE, base $70-80k + $40k@ plan, open
- Laptop and cell phone
- Full benefits
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
Please Send Resume:
- Format Resume in WORD…No PDF's
- Resume Filename: your full name ONLY (John Smith.doc)
- Email subject line "Liquid Handling Specialist”
- To email@example.com
- Please note: Resumes with FULL NAMES in the filename are more easily found.