Boston based Technical Support Manager (will consider relocation for the right candidate)
Our client, the world leader in analyzers and assay kits for measuring cell metabolism seeks a Technical Support Manager. This position currently has 3 technical support scientists reporting, some internationally. We seek a Support Manager who can bring their past skills to take this fast growing company (40% growth annually) to the next level!
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
- 3‐5 years of experience in a Supervisor or Management position in tech/customer support
- 3+ years of customer support experience in a life sciences environment
- Demonstrated judgment in decision making and Ability to judge when issues should be escalated
- Demonstrated ability to drive solutions and initiatives using metrics and reporting
- Experience working with SMEs and other escalation path resources in an organization
- Strong understanding of Salesforce or other CRM solutions
- The TS manager is responsible for worldwide as well as Technical Support Scientists and Technical Support Interns.
- The TS manager must communicate openly and efficiently with other internal departments regarding details and outcomes of cases.
- This includes: Product Management, Sales, Field Service, Field Applications, Training, Engineering, Biology, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance.
- The TS manager is responsible for reporting trends in the field to appropriate product staff such that customer issues are addressed for an improved customer experience with timeliness and accuracy. This involves creating weekly case reports for metrics and highlighting relevant cases.
Other responsibilities include:
- Creation, training, and maintenance of TS workflow processes, including escalation paths
- Involving other departments
- Sales and product training for staff
- Worldwide TS staff
- Case review meetings
- Weekly meetings for Service, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Product Management
- Project management
- Attendance at conferences and trade shows
- Customer conflict management and resolution
- Infrastructure administration for Solutions and Cases (e.g. Salesforce and Five‐9)
- Document creation, review, and editing for publication
- Monthly managers reports, quarterly participation at managers meetings
- Travel-occasional International travel.
- Base, DOE $95k-125k (some flexibility on base)
- Bonus of ~8-9% of base salary
- Related to corporate performance + stock options
- Excellent benefits.
- Life Science degree
- BS or MS
- PhD preferred.
Please send resume:
- Format: WORD (not Pdf)
- Filename: Your full name (John Smith.doc)
- Subject line: "Job # 140901 “Technical Support Manager"