Job # 161103
Director of Pharma Business Development, East
- Manufacturer of research and clinical array assays. Develops proprietary gene expression assays for a variety of tissue types and disease states. Our client has a core competency in Translational Medicine. This role involves selling services to the pharma companies.
- Covering the Pharma accounts
- Eastern US.
- Key accounts include:
- Base $110-150k
- +$40k uncapped commissions
- Car allowance $600 per month + gas
- B.S. in life sciences, advanced degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years demonstrated sales success in the life science market with >5 years selling to biomarker, clinical development and companion diagnostic groups
- NGS, RNA, miRNA experience strongly preferred
- Previous employment with a startup company preferred
- Genomics research experience preferred
- Previous pharma experience preferred
- Capable to develop own leads and sales funnel
- Strong customer and market understanding in the companion diagnostic market
- Excellent pre-existing network of contacts
- Strong understanding of Strategic Selling
- Strong ability to handle customer objections
- Develop and implement a territory business plan that meets stated company objectives within the assigned accounts
- Develop detailed account maps of the biomarker, clinical development, regulatory, companion diagnostic, business development and leadership organizations for assigned target accounts. Have a deep understanding of the account’s strategies for companion diagnostics and the competitive environment.
- Develop detailed drug and clinical trial maps for each assigned account
- Identify the clinical advisors for the major drug programs at each target account
- Develop and implement sales strategies to penetrate the biomarker development and clinical development organizations
- Be the ‘face of the company’ to senior pharma clients, develop and cultivate high level relationships within the account
- Drive and own the SOW process to deliver customer value
- Maintain all account information in Salesforce
- Maintain the ‘CDx Scorecard’ for assigned accounts
- Provide leads for selling instrumentation and reagents
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key CRO partners
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- A background check will be conducted before hire
- Resumes will only be accepted in WORD
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Full Home Mailing Address
- Contact phone #'s
- No PDFs Please
- Subject line: "Director of Pharma Business Development, East Job # 161103"