Job # 150505
NIH Reagents rep, MD
Our client is a leading supplier to the global Life Science industry: solutions and services for research, development and production of biotechnology.
Includes filtration products for cell culture and stem cell work, antibodies, nucleic acid purification and extraction reagents.
- The territory is all sites and facilities of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Rockville & Gaithersburg (Territory does not include NCI at Ft. Detrick)
- Based in Greater Maryland/Northern Virginia
- Account Manager should live in the Bethesda/Rockville/Gaithersburg or Northern VA
- Overnight travel will be minimal
- $80-92k+$48k@plan, uncapped
- Benefits plan
- Manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders, and end users.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner that will enable him/her to add value to our products and services.
- Manage the overall distribution relationship within your territory to include - but not limited to - account POA’s (Plan of Action), business reviews, and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and price offer programs (POP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Bachelors degree in life sciences or related field
- Masters or PhD degree with laboratory experience preferred
- 3 - 7 years of sales
- Preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology, Molecular Bio and Protein Research.
- Experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Ability with Excel, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM in a business environment.
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- Resumes will be accepted in WORD only, (no xx.PDFs or xx.pages).
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Subject line: "Job # 150505 NIH Reagents rep"