Robotics Project Manager, San Fran Job #220501
Our client is a leader in robotic and automation equipment for the biotech, academic and pharmaceutical markets.
They seek a Pre-sales/Post sales Project Manager who will move the buying process along working in tandem with the sales reps who have sold the equipment.
This is not a sales nor Field Service role. A technical FAS or FSE may consider this a next career step, however. Past or current LAB experience with automation equipment is required.
About the Role:
- Sales support to the team. This means:
- Communicate customer and solution requirements to internal and field support teams and provide technical guidance as needed
- Help oversee territory management, including application and service engineer scheduling and site visit prioritization
- Interpret scientific protocols and workflows in order to provide automation solutions to meet customer requirements
- Obtain customer details for custom automation designs and manage work flow from start to completion
- Conduct product and software demonstrations for prospective customers
- Attend sales meetings as a technical consultant for the sales team and the customer
- Excellent skills in communication and the ability to present in front of an audience. Needs to clearly communicate technical and non-technical concepts in a group setting.
- Project management skills - organized, articulate, able to set realistic expectations and keep coworkers and customers accountable
- Excellent customer support, service, and relationship-building capabilities.
- Ability to interpret scientific protocols and customer needs to adapt to automated workflows.
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software and programming is essential for this role
- Experience taking scientific protocols from the bench to automated systems is required
- Must be available to travel nationally and regionally.
- Will consider a bench scientist who has LAB automation/robotics experience. Ideally have 4 years’ experience in using laboratory automation or scientific applications.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in science, preferably Engineering, chemistry, biology, biochemistry
- Will cover Bay.
- Expect 10% travel (meetings etc. this is a local Bay area job but willingness to travel nationally if required)
- Compensation: $125k-175k DOE
- Bonus incentives ~$28k annually paid quarterly
- Mileage, government standard
- Full benefits, 3 weeks’ vacation + Statutory holidays
- Must have valid credit card and be able to pay for reimbursable expenses.
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- A background check will be conducted before hire
- Resumes will only be accepted in WORD with Full Home Mailing Address.
- No xx.PDFs Please
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Subject line: "Job #220501, San Fran Robotics Project Manager