Job #190401, Bay area NGS Business Development Manager, (Capital Equipment)
Our client who is a leader in NGS sample prep and automation systems for NGS, seeks a Business Development Manager responsible for the sale of:
- Instrument systems (sold for up to $250,000 )
- Sales of custom services related to the instrumentation systems
- Who will work with the 5 consumable Territory Managers in the region
- Based in San Fran Bay area, Expect ~ 30% overnight travel
- Includes N. CA, NV, OR, WA, ID, MT and BC
- Base $90k-120k DOE
- Plus variable comp of $60k, uncapped, commissions paid quarterly
- Car allowance $750/month
- Gas at 0.21/mile
- $220/month for internet and cellular
- All expenses
- Full benefits
- Strong NGS technical background in the drug discovery and development process and with PCR-based applications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years proven Capitol Equipment sales in Life Sciences with instruments over $100k.
- BUT will consider a Salesy FAS who has strong bench experience with NGS equipment and excellent business acumen.
- Ability to complete complex sale
- Ability to gain consensus and work as part of a team
- Experience selling into multiple levels within an organization, bench scientists, purchasing, directors, VP, CFO/CEO.
- Demonstrated success in Molecular Diagnostics and/or Biotech/Pharma accounts where a clear strategy/process produces revenue growth.
- Experience using a CRM is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- MS, PhD (preferred), in Cell, Molecular Biology or related life science discipline.
General Duties, Responsibilities and Skills
- Work with 5 Consumable reps in the territory.
- Understands broad strategic objectives and contributes to their creation and helps to execute successfully against them.
- Demonstrates ability to qualify the customer, i.e. identify, advance and close new business opportunities by creating and executing a strategic business plan.
- Participates in group projects and effectively contributes by providing guidance and direction to the project’s staff.
- Has ability to communicate sales strategies, territory management, account analysis and call planning to others.
- Maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art scientific principles, theories, and the practical methods used in research laboratories.
- Brings all resources together to successfully develop new business and maintain existing business.
- Clearly communicates technical details with colleagues and customers.
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- A background check will be conducted before hire
- Full current address and contact info on Resume
- Full Home Mailing Address
- Resumes will be accepted in WORD only, (no xx.PDFs or xx.pages).
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Subject line: " Job #190401 NGS Biz Dev Capital, Bay area
- To: ann@YourLifeScienceRecruiters.com