Field Application Scientist, Bay area based
- Compensation: $70-90k
- Bonus incentives ~$5-6k annually
- Mileage, government standard
- Full benefits
- Will cover Bay area to Sacramento.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally if required.
- 75% travel
About the Role:
- Entry level position, this is not a senior FAS role.
- Develop application-specific protocols by interpreting procedures provided by the customer or Sales team.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Optimize liquid handling performance of instrumentation.
- Provide basic and advanced software and hardware training. Develop and deliver training material for Sales and Applications team.
- Develop application-specific protocols for complex automated instrumentation, which require integration with third party devices.
- Demonstrate usage of advanced programming skills and software functions to control instrumentation.
- Participate and contribute on instrumentation which requires Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Contribute to company knowledge base.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application protocols, training, etc.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Document application support work and customer visits within a company database or other required format.
- Will accept a bench scientist who has LAB automation/robotics experience.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience in using laboratory automation or scientific applications.
- Prefers 2-4 years FAS experience with Lab automation.
- Experience with programming or operating automated laboratory scientific equipment is required.
- Experience programming complex applications is desired.
- Experience with programming languages and computer knowledge is desired.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in science, preferably in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related sciences.
- Must have valid credit card and be able to pay for reimbursable expenses.
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- A background check will be conducted before hire
- Resumes will only be accepted in WORD with Full Home Mailing Address.
- No xx.PDFs Please
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Subject line: "Job #170402 FAS Bay area"