Job # 210201 Tech Support/Inside Sales Rep, New England area
Our Client: Seeks a Technical Support/Inside Sales Rep, to work from a home office. Key product lines include:
- DNA shearing instruments ($18,000 to $85,000)
- Library prep kits
- Diagnostic assay services
- Based in the North East to cover the Eastern USA.
- Ideal locations include Boston, CT, New York or NJ areas.
- Willingness to travel 10%
- Base $80k, plus a yearly bonus of $10k, paid $2,500/Quarter based on achieving various metrics
- Full benefits, (health, dental, Vision) and matching 401K up to $3,000.
- 1 year technical support or sales experience preferred.
- A post doc with a ‘salesy’ personality and strong epigenetics background would be encouraged to apply.
- Lab and research experience in molecular biology techniques required
- This role can lead to a FAS role or an outside sales role as a career development plan.
- PhD. or MS. in Molecular Biology or Genetics preferred
- SALES FUNCTION
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities (internal and external)
- Working with digital customer engagement communication tools, responsible for managing and triaging leads from all sources, including tradeshows, website and marketing automation activities
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
- Generate new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails for targeted proactive campaigns (i.e. application/account specific)
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Close sales and achieve revenue quotas
- TECH SUPPORT FUNCTION
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
- Identify sales opportunities through tech support engagement, with the objective of maximizing the customer share of wallet
- Keep clients up-to-date with client’s solution portfolio/educate on new technologies
- Managing customer cases in a professional and efficient manner
- Build working relationships with other departments of the company, particularly within the R&D and Marketing teams
- Proactively learn new technologies as well as the supported products
- Be prepared to visit customers for on-site relationship building, troubleshooting and technical presentations
- Self-Motivated team player
- Autonomous, taking initiatives and the ability to manage her/his time (managing priorities)
- Proactive attitude in solving problems
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- Resumes will only be accepted in WORD
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Full Home Mailing Address
- Contact phone #'s
- No PDFs Please
- In WORD…No PDF's
- Your full name only (John Smith.doc) in the filename
- Your Email Subject Line: " Inside Sales/Tech Support Rep " Job 210201
- Email to email@example.com