Job # 171004A
Eastern US Bulk Chemicals Rep
Our client has been a leading worldwide manufacturer of specialty organic chemicals for over 70 years. This client provides organic laboratory chemicals as well as pharmaceutical, cosmetic and functional materials.
Biochemicals and reagents for Life Science
Analytic Chemicals for Biotech/Pharma, Oil & Gas industries
Chromatography columns and reagents
- Eastern USA, preferred locations include Philadelphia, New York/NJ area, Boston and Raleigh.
- Must live in the region.
- Must have a 4 year degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Organic Chemistry
- Ms or Phd is highly desired
- 3 years' or more experience selling outside lab chemicals and reagents to biotech/pharmas and industrial accounts in the region.
- This role does not target academic accounts.
A successful candidate:
- This is a TECHNICAL sale. One must be capable of conducting a complex sale to multiple call points and closing large contracts. (i.e. 5 metric tons of chemicals)
- A tract record of success is highly desired. Experience in strategic selling is essential, This is NOT a transactional sales process.
- Prior job stability is important
- This is a hunter’s job and will overlap the 3 generalist reps in the Eastern region.
- Must also have a team player attitude to work successfully with the sales reps and established accounts within the biotech/pharma and industrial accounts in the region.
- Key accounts include Glaxo, Pfizer, Chevron, BP.
- 50 up to 60% travel as required (most business is phone prospecting, emailing and then visits to the clients)
- Base $80-100k (some flexibility, DOE)
- Commission, $40k @ plan paid Quarterly
- Car allowance of $300-350 plus Runzheimer gas reimbursement
- Excellent benefits including matching 401K up to 6%.
- Top reps can make ~$180k
- Resumes will be accepted in WORD only, (no .PDFs or .pages).
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Subject line: "Job # 171004A Bulk Chemicals Rep"