Philly - NYC Bus Dev Mgr
Our client seeks a Business Development Manager responsible for the sales of:
- Sales of instrument systems (up to $250,000 price tags)
- Sales of custom services related to the instrumentation systems.
- Will work with the consumable Territory Managers in the region.
- Significant overnight travel is required.
- Prefer based in Philly or NY City area
- PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD
- Base $105K (flexible)
- Plus expected variable comp of $50-75k, uncapped.
- Car allowance $750/mo.
- Gas at 0.21/mile
- $215/mo for internet and cellular
- All expenses
- Full benefits
- Strong technical background in the drug discovery and development process with PCR-based applications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years proven sales of Capital Equipment in Life Sciences
- Experience in the life sciences
- Experience in selling capital equipment.
- Experience selling into multiple levels within an organization, bench scientists, purchasing, directors, VP, CFO/CEO.
- Demonstrated success in Molecular Diagnostics and/or Biotech/Pharma accounts where a clear strategy/process produces revenue growth.
- Experience using a CRM is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- MS, PhD (preferred), in Cell, Molecular Biology or related life science discipline.
General Duties, Responsibilities and Skills
- Understands broad strategic objectives and contributes to their creation and helps to execute successfully against them.
- Demonstrates ability to identify, advance and close new business opportunities by creating and executing a strategic business plan.
- Participates in group projects and effectively contributes by providing guidance and direction to the project’s staff.
- Has ability to communicate sales strategies, territory management, account analysis and call planning to others.
- Maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art scientific principles, theories, and the practical methods used in research laboratories.
- Ability to gain consensus and work as part of a team; brings all resources together to successfully develop new business and maintain existing business.
- Clearly communicates technical details with colleagues and customers.
- Recognizes problems and suggests new approaches to solve them.
- Attends trade and vendor shows and meetings as required.
- Must have Green Card or be a US citizen
- Must possess and maintain a current Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- A background check will be conducted before hire
- Resumes will only be accepted in WORD
- Please insert your FULL NAME in the filename. (John Doe.doc OR .docx).
- Full Home Mailing Address
- Contact phone #'s
- No PDFs Please
- Subject line: "Philly - NYC Bus Dev Mgr #170304"